NCERT - CLASS VI English Textbook
Look at the following phrases and their meanings. Use the phrases to fill in the blanks in the sentences given below.
set up — put in place or start
set aside — save or keep for a particular purpose
set down — write or record
set out — start on a journey
set in — begin and seem likely to continue
1. Why don’t you _______________________ your ideas on paper?
2. A fund has been ________________________ for the soldiers’ families.
3. We should _________________________ a little money every month.
4. You should buy some woollens before winter _______________.
5. They __________________ on the last stage of their journey.