ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS
1. What will happen, if the earth's axis becomes vertical?
2. Why are days and nights not equal duration throughout the world?
3. Why are the sun's rays never vertical on the Arctic Circle?
4. Why is the revolution of the earth around the sun also called motion of the earth?
5. Why are days and nights of equal duration throughout the world on equinoxes ?
6. What is the speed of the earth's rotation at the North Pole?
7. What is the speed of the earth's rotation at the South Pole?
8. When is New Year Day celebrated according to the Indian National Calendar?
9. Why it is not possible to draw an accurate map?
10. How do symbols and signs help us in reading maps?
11. Why is a book of maps called an atlas?
12. Why does Representative Fraction or R.F. have the universal application in map making?
13. Why are the mountainous regions sparsely populated?
14. Why are the river valleys thickly populated?
15. Life in the mountainous regions is difficult. Explain.
16. What is the relationship between longitude and time? Give examples.
17. What is the purpose of having time zones?
18. Why is the standard time of Bangladesh half an hour ahead of lndia?
19. Why is standard time need for every country?
20. For every degree of longitude the time difference is four minutes. Explain.
21. How does the time of a place depend on its longitude?
22. What are the advantages of having parallels and meridians?
23. How is the axis of the earth useful in locating places on the globe?
24. Which parallels are not circles?