Free help with homework

Why join Brainly?

  • ask questions about your assignment
  • get answers with explanations
  • find similar questions


Electricity and its dangers cause many people to die yearly. We must do something to stop this. One way is by telling people how to prevent and protect. The first thing to know is electrical fire.Electrical fires are different than other fires. Because water conducts electricity, throwing water on an electrical fire can cause the fire to get larger. In that case, it is very important to NEVER use water on an electrical fire. The next step is to tell an adult to turn off the main power to the house. If the fire can be put out safely, tell an adult to use a proper chemical fire extinguisher. If the fire cannot be put out safely, leave the house and take everyone with you. Call 911 or your emergency number and tell them it is an electrical fire.The next topic is electric shock. You can never tell when contact with electricity will be fatal, but you can be sure it will always hurt. Electric shock can cause muscle spasms, weakness, shallow breathing, rapid pulse, severe burns, unconsciousness, or death. In a shock incident, the path that electric current takes through the body gets very hot. Burns occur all along that path, including the places on the skin where the current enters and leaves the body. It's not only giant that can kill or injure you if you contact them. You can also be killed by a shock from an appliance or power cord in your home. It is good to put toothpaste or cream to cool down the burns of electric shock.That's why it's important to avoid electrical hazards and always have an extinguisher to prevent electrical fire.
0 0 0
The Brain
  • The Brain
  • Helper
Not sure about the answer?
Learn more with Brainly!
Having trouble with your homework?
Get free help!
  • 80% of questions are answered in under 10 minutes
  • Answers come with explanations, so that you can learn
  • Answer quality is ensured by our experts