1. Find the equation of the line parallel
to 2x+5y-9=0 and passing through the mid-point of the line segment joining
A=(2,7) and B=(-4,1).
2. Write down the equation of the line
passing through (3,2) and perpendicular to the line 2y=3x+5
3. Find the equation of the line whose
x-intercept is -3 an dis perpendicular to 3x+5y=1
4. Find the equation of the line
passing through (2,4) and perpendicular to x-axis
5. Find the equation of the line whose
x and y-intercepts are given below: a)
2,3 b) -2,4 ; c) 3,-2
6. Change the equation 2x-3y-7=0 into
the intercept form.
7. Is the line through (-2,3) and (4,1)
perpendicular to the line 3x=y+1? Does the line 3x=y+1 bisect the join of
(-2,3) and (4,1)?
8. Find the slopes of the following
lines. i) 2x-3y=8 ; ii) 2x+y=x+1 ; iii) 3x-4y+7=0; iv) x/a+y/b=1