. From the salary of an officer , 10% is deducted as tax. He spends 16% of the remaining amount on education and 70% of the balance on house expenses
After this he is left with Rs 5670. Find his total salary

1
answer with full details and steps. final answer only is not allowed.

Answers

2014-11-01T12:53:05+05:30

This Is a Certified Answer

×
Certified answers contain reliable, trustworthy information vouched for by a hand-picked team of experts. Brainly has millions of high quality answers, all of them carefully moderated by our most trusted community members, but certified answers are the finest of the finest.
Salary of officer = S.             
Tax = 10%        Remaining amount = S1 = 90% of salary = 90 S/100

Spend on education = 16% * S1 
Balance = S2 = 84% S1 = 84/100 * 90 S/100 = 756 S/1,000

House expenses = 70% of S2 
Finally he is left with 30% S2 = 30/100 * 756 S /1,000 = 2, 268 S/10,000

     2, 268 S / 10,000 = Rs 5, 670

        S = Salary = Rs 25,000

0