1. Two trains starting at a same time from two stations, new york and new jersey, which are 200km apart, both the trains are going in opposite direcrions
to each other and cross each other at a distance of 110km from the station new york. What is the ratio of their speeds?
2. Two numbers are in ratio 5:3 and their diffrerence is 10. What is the product of two numbers?
3. What annual amount will give a debt of $1092 due in 3 years at the rate of 12% per annum as a simole interest?
4. Philip bought candles at price of 12 pieces for a rupee. How many candles for a rupee must he sell to gain 25% ?
5. A shopkeeper sells a product, 25% above its cost price. What is the percentage of discount, which is allowed to gain 10% ?
6. Johnny can make a wall in 18 days and mick can make it in half the time taken by johnny. They both start working together, what part of the wall they can finish in a day?
7. A streamer boat having a length 5m and breadth 3m is floating on a lake. The boat sinks by 5cm when a number of men get on it. What is the total mass of the men who are sitting on the boat?
8. The cost of the paint is rs.25 per kg. If 1kg of paint covers 15 square feet, how much will it cost to paint outside of a cubehaving 5 feet each side?