Answers

2014-05-02T21:20:31+05:30

This Is a Certified Answer

×
Certified answers contain reliable, trustworthy information vouched for by a hand-picked team of experts. Brainly has millions of high quality answers, all of them carefully moderated by our most trusted community members, but certified answers are the finest of the finest.
Mercury is a liquid metal . It is used in thermometers mostly because it have a high boiling point and doesn't stick to the sides of glass tube . In its chemical nature it is very
dangerous and shoudn't be picked up with naked hands . consumption can result in death also. If released in aquatic bodies it can kill all the aquatic organisms.
0
There are three forms of mercury in the environment: elemental, inorganic, and organic mercury. All forms of mercury are toxic.
Vapors of elemental mercury can occur at room temperature presenting a hazard if spills occur.Some organic mercury compounds are water-soluble and cable of transport in the aquatic food chain through the process of bioaccumulation.
nice knowledge huh
thanx
  • Brainly User
2014-05-02T21:52:44+05:30

This Is a Certified Answer

×
Certified answers contain reliable, trustworthy information vouched for by a hand-picked team of experts. Brainly has millions of high quality answers, all of them carefully moderated by our most trusted community members, but certified answers are the finest of the finest.
Mercury is a heavy liquid metal that can be extracted easily by heating cinnabar, a red ore (mercury sulfide). Mercury is known to be dangerous in all its forms, and use is now confined to industry in the manufacture of chlorine and sodium hydroxide, . Some is still used to treat seed corn to make it resistant to fungus disease, and in street lighting, dental amalgam and electrical apparatus. Older uses - in thermometers, in felt production and as a de-worming powder .Mercury is widespread in the environment - every mouthful of food we eat contains a little. Our daily intake is about 0.01 milligramme (about a 0.3 grammes in a lifetime), and this we can cope with easily. However, one form of mercury - methylmercury - is particularly dangerous.
0