1. In a cricket match the
cricket ball is bowled and it travels the pitch at
an average speed in air and after bouncing from ground. The ball slows down after bouncing from the ground. It slows down while going up.
2. Moon moves around the Earth with almost uniform speed. But non uniform speed actually.
3. An object thrown in to air, like stone, moves at non-uniform speed. An object falling from a height. Its speed increases continuously.
4. Earth moves in an elliptical orbit non-uniform speed - its
changes depending on its distance from the Sun. During
summer Earth is
at 147 million km and (perihelon) during
winter, it is at 152 million km.
Linear Speed at perihelon = 2 π R / T
= 105,000 kmph
Linear Speed at apihelon = 2 π R / T
= 109,000 kmph
5. Lift used to go up or down in a building - it moves at non-uniform speed
first it accelerates, moves at uniform speed and then decelerates.
6. various Particles in air move it non uniform speed.
7. A foot baller runs at a non uniform speed, constantly accelerates, slows down, again speeds up and stops and speeds up..