No the french revolution did not laid the foundation of the democracy .
1. it was just a rebellion done by third estate to abolish the supreme power of the monarch.
2. the democracy was not laid in France when National Assembly came to power
it became only republic after it saw rise of jacobin club, Nepolean, etc
3. American Revolution happened much time before the french revolution and it became democratic
4. the foundation of democracy was laid in Athens Greece
5. it did not laid the foundation of democracy but speeded up the the process of expansion of democracy