1. The mountain soils are mainly found in Jammu and Kashmir, U.P., West Bengal in the Himalayas submontane tracts.
2. The Himalayas, the North-eastern Hills, and other mountains and hills in India show a variety of soils.
3. In the drier areas of deciduous forest belt, brown soils are found.
4. They are rich in humus and deep.
5. They are very good for orchard crops.
6. In coniferous forest belts in Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Sikkim, etc., brown forest soils called Podzol are found.
7. These soils grow maize, barley, wheat and fruits. In the Alpine Zone of the Himalayas lie Alpine Meadow soils.
8. Good crops of paddy, wheat, soybean and even sugarcane are grown in
Hope this may helps uu.....