1) Reduces possibility of conflicts between social groups
2) Since social conflicts often lead to violence and political instability
3) It ensures the stability of the political order.
4) Tyranny of the majority is not just oppressive for the minority; its often brings ruin to the majority as well
1) Power sharing is the very spirit of democracy
2) A democratic government involves sharing power with those who are affected by its exercise and who have to live with its effects
3) People have a right to be consulted on how they are to be governed
4) A legitimate government is where the citizens through participation acquire stake in the system