1. Soaps are the sodium salts of the long chain carboxylic acids.
2. Soaps are not suitable for washing purposes when the water is hard.
3. Soaps are biodegradable.
4. Soaps have relatively weak cleansing action.
1. Detergents are the sodium salts of long chain benzene sulphonic acids or long chain alkyl hydrogen sulphates.
2. Detergents can be used for washing even when the water is hard.
3. Some of the detergents are not biodegradable.
4. Detergents have a strong cleansing action.
In both write fifth point examples.