1) Kwashiorkor - This occurs due to the deficiency of dietary protein.
Symptoms- Growth is stunted, face swells up, hair gets discoloured, Skin diseases and diarrhoea occurs.
2) Marasmus - This occurs due to deficiency of calorie and protein intake.
Symptoms- Growth stops completely.
3) Night Blindness/ Xerophthalmia - This occurs due to vitamin A deficiency.
Symptoms- Problem in seeing at night.
4) Beriberi - This occurs due to vitamin B1 (thiamine) deficiency
Symptoms - Weak muscles and very less energy in body, weight loss, brain damage.
5) Scurvy - This occurs due to the vitamin C deficiency.
Symptoms - Bleeding gums.
6) Rickets - This occurs due to the vitamin D deficiency or calcium.
Symptoms- Soft ,weak and bent bones.
7) Goitre - This occurs due to the iodine deficiency.
Symptoms- Swelling of neck and mental disability.
8) Anaemia - This occurs due to iron deficiency in blood.
Symptoms- Extreme tiredness and fatigue in the body, pale skin, leg cramps, unusual rapid breathing and dizziness.
9) Pellagra - This occurs due to the vitamin B3 (niacin) deficiency.
Symptoms- diarrhea, dermatitis, dementia, and finally death.
10) Hypocobalaminemia - This occurs due to the vitamin B12 deficiency.
Symptoms- Fatigue, irritability, depression, or bad memory.