1. Teens can learn social interactions with their peers through involvement in media.
2. Increased social confidence, more social support and heightened media literacy.
3. Developed cultural and political awareness.
1. Magazine advertisements encourage teenage girls to think their hair needs to be long or short, red, blond or brunette.
2. Movies and television programs often show characters using drugs and alcohol and engaging in violent behaviours.
By the end of 20th century we can observe that media technology and its effects are as powerful as it were never before. The invention of the cell phone, appearance of computers, laptops, and internet communication has become a vital link in communicating with others. It has become inseparable part of our life and it is everywhere and it is impossible to escape them. Teenagers all over the world are growing up in a world, where the Internet, cell phones, text messaging and other technology dominates the communication and it is an integral part of everyday life.