Friends, I wish to say my views on Science and our future. Science has assumed a great importance since last few centuries and is making rapid progress in today's world.
Science is the study of laws of nature, properties and structure of materials, all kinds of living organisms in the Universe. Science is meant for learning, discoveries and inventions all for the better of all living organisms.
Science has really done wonders for all of us and our lives. Science has
discovered laws, has invented many new products. Engineers, doctors,
and scientists have made a number of gadgets and appliances for
use at homes, in offices or in industries. Without science it is
difficult to imagine what our like would be like.
Science continues to make our life easier,
healthier and safer. Long ago people lived in darkness in the night and did not
much know about other countries. Now people have flown to the Moon. The
enormous development on the Earth has been possible due to dedicated scientists
and sharing of knowledge.
When I say science, it means mathematical,
physical, chemical, biological, social science, (science of economics) and medical sciences. The way we use
Science, leads to some important side-effects effects: global warming,
pollution, chemical weapons etc. Unfortunately, science is unable to prevent these side effects and potential risks.
In future science will advance more in each area
and will contribute to improve quality of our life in each small aspect.
Advances in medical science are making our life span longer and
healthier. Use of energy and resources will hopefully become rational and
more efficient. We will be able to eat high quality food and drink high
In future the science will make the man do
wonders that are perhaps not possible to imagine now. Huge amounts are being
invested on scientific researches. More and more jobs and professions may
evolve due to science.
Is the man going to help the mankind more in
future? At times one wonders if science will make our life more
complicated. It is a good question that only future can answer.
1. How is our future dependent on science only? what about other subjects and professions?
2. What are the hurdles one faces in science?
3. what are the risks, hazards, dangers related to science? How to prevent misuse of good results of research from science.
4. Does it mean that all of us choose science as our career? Should all of us become scientists only? what about other professions ?
5. What is the meaning of science or scientific ?
6. Are we spending too much of funds on science, space projects, defense , agricultural research - all related to science ? and, not having enough funds to real world problems of people - farmers, workers, rural areas etc..
7. Has science advanced or bettered the real life of a poor or common man living in villages in India?
If not, then what is the assurance that science will do good in future?