Fuel Conservation as a
We should all take actions individually and collectively.
1. Save water. Don't waste or throw it. If used water can be further used
for gardening and watering plants etc. please do so.
2. Use only as much as required - any products we use. To manufacture,
transport, sell, buy a product - some fuel is spent in some form. Let
that be rice, vegetables, chips, fuel, cement, furniture, or a vehicle.
3. Use electricity carefully and prudently. Switch off gadgets when not
in use. To make electricity, some fuel is used in some where.
4. Use public or shared transport if possible. Go by walk if the
destinations are nearby.
5. At traffic lights, switch off engines of vehicles during the waiting
period. A lot of fuel is wasted and pollution is created there.
Many government, public and private transport company owned vehicles do not
switch off their engines at Signals. In western world they do. In India
the drivers do not do that due to the fear of engines not starting
quickly. So better ignition technology is required.
6. Encourage recycle, regenerate, reduce types of technologies and
processes. Make it a habit to check if you are following processes,
gadgets that are efficient. Whenever you buy some thing, check its
ratings & approvals.
7. Encourage green technologies. Use latest electric lamps. Use
electric scooters, and cars. Buy and use solar heaters, solar
equipment. There are bio-fuels and some efficient new engines.
8. Population control is required. The population is growing at an
alarming rate. So the fuel requirements are growing. If we control
population, fuel usage is also controlled.
9. Encourage use of bicycles in places that are safe. Use bicycles.
Even though the prices of fuel are going up, the demand is still
growing. So explicit actions are required to save fuel or create better
fuels. Teach children to save fuel and practice the suggestions.
Being rich or having a status does not authorize wasting fuel or
energy. If we remember this, then we will surely make fuel conservation
as our habit.