Our Environment is an essential part of our life. It is the source that allows us to breath, eat, live, play, work, enjoy, walk, hearing and quench our thirst. Environment is our
surroundings that includes water, air, locality, trees, lands, mountains, living
organisms like animals, birds and insects, natural resources like minerals,
fuels etc. Quality of our life depends undoubtedly on the quality of our environment.
Long ago, people lived abiding by the environment harmless to
it. Nowadays we are degrading the environment
and indirectly harming ourselves. Our ecological system balance is tampered with.
Power of technology and science allowed exploit the environment for selfishly and indiscriminately and create these problems for
of underground water
of some species, Loss of biodiversity
pollution (greenhouse gases), drinking water pollution,
pollution by mixing poisonous chemicals
of ozone layer
of oil and gas reserves and natural resources like minerals.
8. Great imbalance in population densities
As we know the causes, the protective and preventive measures are obvious.
Save trees, water, fuels. Use efficient fuels, green
technologies and spread awareness. Stop pollution of air and water bodies. Stop production of harmful plastics and
polythenes. Use ecofriendly materials only. Population control and proper urbanization is very essential.
We have to adapt to the environment instead of adapting the environment to our selfish
needs. We use regenerative and recycling mechanisms and use resources discriminatingly. Otherwise, existence of humanity
will become a question. People will suffer with a lot of diseases. Famines and
cyclones will become more frequent. Rains will become even more untimely than now and
damaging instead of helping agriculture.
Action related to environment needs to be done together by governments of various
countries and the United Nations Organization, at a global level. Long term
planning and monitoring of actions of private corporations is needed. The young
must be educated to live in harmony with environment rather than exploit it.
I am in for preserving environment ? and You?
1. What is the role of environment in our lives and in
2. What activities are good for environment? what are
3. Why must we preserve environment?
4. Which government agencies work for the environment?
5. How does pollution affect environment? how can we change the situation?
6. which human activities cause damage the environment? what can be done to improve environment?
7. What our our individual and collective role related to the environment?
8. How will saving water, energy, fuel, electricity save
9. how are our environment and our ecosystem are related? how do we maintain