In a nutshel, the threats are:
1. Biopiracy. It is claimed that American and other advanced countries have the habit of stealing the good traditional medicinal secrets from India and Africa. Then they develop medicines and then claim as their own by creating IPR too. Many Indian secrets had been stolen so far. They have appeared in media many times.
2. Destruction of rich heritage, monuments. This could be due to internal fights, and from cross border conflicts. This is often the case in Africa. India too there have been many such incidents.
3. Disappearance of Ancient local practices. Youth and children getting influenced by foreign education, media and films, have forgotten what their grandparents taught them. In the local region they live a foreign life.
4. Diminishing importance of local languages. Often many use foreign words and speak only in foreign languages. So the languages and the culture as well as the history are gradually lost. Instead of learning, using and contributing to vocabulary in local languages, youth import the foreign words and grammar.
5. Overpowering of American, European, Chinese cultures, literature, institutions, which may be conflicting with the local one. This could be in terms of economics, politics, culture, education, medicine, life style etc. Often they are reflected in family functions and daily living styles.
6. Outside countries gradually misleading or confusing children and youth with different styles. Children do not know which practice to select.
7. Internal threats to African and Indian societies are violation of social rights of children and women. Abuse of children's rights continues still.
If we know the commonalities between the two regions, then we can identify the common threats.
Some African and India are geographically near Equator. So there are cultural similarities. It is possible that in poor villages, the people are in the same phase. Africa and India are both lived since ancient times. They possess rich culture and traditions. People had been living in these regions much before living in other regions. Africa and India have suffered colonization by European countries. Many superstitions exist in these countries. There are many tribal communities, poor and uneducated people in these regions. Many colored people live here.
People from both regions have long suffered from oppression, poverty, diseases, ignorance etc. Both people have been tolerant to outside attacks. These countries are now a big market for advanced countries. Economy in these countries is controlled a lot by people and the economies of the advanced western and eastern countries. Many of these countries are dependent on advanced countries for funding. UNO plays an important role in both.
Culture, literature, history of these regions - probably are now being overridden by the Western cultures. Large undivided families are broken into micro families. The youth is being influenced by other cultures.
India and African countries use a lot of fossil fuels. They have a lot of outdated technologies. They generate pollution. Possibly, deforestation, famines, contagious diseases, pollution, are common. It is also possible that corruptive practices play a role in the administration.
Historically African countries and India have fought for independence in a similar way. India and African countries are part of Non Aligned Movement. India gets support from Africa. It is possible that literature, culture, history of these regions, may be superseded by the modern ones that are adopted by the contemporary youth.
There was slavery and bonded labour, child labour in these countries in history. Now European languages probably dominate the literature, and education. The cultural heritages in these countries, many of them being old and not having sufficient protection or funds , may not live long and well. Some churches and other religion institutions in these countries probably propagate some ideas that could be conflicting with the local cultural practices. They could confuse the children and youth.
Remember that you are a product of a noble, tolerant and ancient culture that has evolved. We must treasure, protect and promote our own identity and cultural history. No doubt it has been proved to be best by many followers in developed world !
We must be socially cohesive with a strong stance against those undermining our indigenous ways of life. Understand that no culture is superior to another. Do not allow another religion to demean our humankind or culture.
Don't Disown your Culture and Society! Don't become an Orphan yourself !