1. C is procedural language.
2. C is a high level language. It also has features of low level languages.
3. C language has control flow statements: There are three types.
Sequential flow statements, iterative (loop) statements, and case (switch) statements.
4. There are functions (methods or procedures) which take parameters and return a value.
5. Most important feature is pointers.. We can use address of functions, and data items.
6. Global data is accessible from any function. Data declared in a function has scope only within the function.
7. There is a function called: main() which is the starting point of execution of a program.
8. C language is designed to have features towards scientific applications.
9. C language compilers as well as interpreters also exist. ANSI Standard C language is a machine independent language. The compilers take care of machine dependency.