Threads are the basis for cooperation and
friendship. So these countries can come together for development and to
fight against threats to their cultures, histories, literature.
1. It seems that advanced countries steal
traditional medicinal secrets from India and Africa. Then they develop
medicines and then claim as their own through an IPR. This is called Biopiracy.
2. Destruction of rich heritage/monuments due to internal fights and from
cross border conflicts.
3. Disappearance of Ancient local practices. Youth and children
getting influenced by foreign education, media and films, have forgotten what
their grandparents taught them.
4. Sports. Cricket is common sport that is enjoyed by spectators in
5. Diminishing importance of local languages. So the languages and
the traditions and history are gradually lost. Instead of development of
local languages, youth run after the external world.
6. Influence of American, European, Chinese cultures, literature,
institutions which may be conflicting with the local one. This could be
in terms of economics, politics, culture, education, medicine, life style etc.
7. Violation of social rights of children and women. Abuse of
8. Poverty, hunger, illiteracy and backwardness among people at the grass
root level. So similar programs and plans for their development,
literacy, employment, women empowerment, equality of women in the society,
crimes roots are common. Perhaps India is a bit better.
9. Both regions work for World Peace and no war. They are members
of the United Nations, Non Aligned Movement, Common Wealth and Indo-African
cooperation bodies. World bank and UNO bodies aid them for
10. Status of people in rural areas. Both regions are considered as underdeveloped countries in terms of many indices.
11. Religion is one practice that is respected in these regions.
12. People of both countries were enslaved for a long duration.
They had the culture in living in big families and valuing their family
13. People of these regions are after getting technologies. Telecom
and information technology is one area where India helps the African countries.
14. English is one commonality between commonwealth countries, that
allows people to cooperate.
15. These regions have been inhabited for a long long time before other continents.
So there is a long history and well evolved traditions of living that are suit
16. Mahatma Gandhi and Nelson Mandela followed similar fight against the
British for Independence. Satyagraha and nonviolence is respected in
17. People of both countries are treated as Color skinned.
18. There are many areas in which India and African countries can do
business and trade.
19. Nearness to
Equator. Having tropical forests. People are agriculture based. Both regions have rich folk and village based
literature. Both cultures are similar in
the sense that they are different from those of Advanced countries.