We all know the reasons for having forests. There are many uses of forests in our lives. Here we give the reasons for increasing the land area on Earth allocated for forests.
1. We are increasing pollution in air. So oxygen content in the atmosphere may be decreasing. To restore oxygen percentage.
2. Also, to reduce global warming effect by a little.
3. Population is increasing. Their needs are increasing in terms of paper, medicines, wood, other materials regularly used at homes and offices, food etc. So number of trees must be more.
4. Many species are probably getting extinct. To protect them and biodiversity.
5. To maintain the ecosystem balance in the nutrient and energy flow cycles, in the ever growing imbalance due to industrialization, modernization, burning of fuels etc.