1. this transportation is done a complex permanent tissue called as xylem.
2. these cells are connected together to form a longer chain and when water is provided to the plant they take the water and they with full pressure push the water upward so the water is able to move so much high.
3. it even transports mineral salts requires by other cells with water to other cells.
4. this mechanism is really great and helps in good transportation.
5. in xylem there is a part called tracheid vessels they are parts that help transportation of water.
hope so answer is useful and up to the mark