A diet which consists of all essential nutrients i.e. carbohydrates, fat,protein,vitamin and minerals including roughage(dietary fibres) and water in a proper amount is called a balanced diet
a balanced diet helps in growth and development of body
*work of contituents of balanced diet:
1) carbohydrate: it gives instant energy.
2) fat : gives energy in huge amount
3) protein: helps in developement of body
4) vitamins: helps in protecting body from diseases
5) minerals: required in less amount. for growth of body
6) roughage: also called dietary fibres is essential for digetion of food
7) water: helps in excretion of waste, maintenance of body temperature, digetion etc.
HOPE THIS HELPS