The probabilities are high in the arid zone (Western India) compared with other subdivisions.
- Can plant trees for soil conservation.
- Can collectively contribute in terms of labour and money towards constructing water harvesting structures.
- Drought monitoring and early warning system.
- A chain of cold storages can be created along with Post Harvest Management practices.
- Authorities can ensure that essential commodities are accessible to households which are BPL.
- Can promote agricultural insurance programmes and ensure that farmers are informed about the availability of insurance products.