A verb is a part of speech
(or word class) that describes an action or occurrence or indicates a state of
being. It is a word used to describe an action, state, or occurrence, and
forming the main part of the predicate of a sentence, such as hear, become, happen.
1. It will rain tonight.
2. Samantha rode the horse elegantly.
3. Mom called me in the evening.
4. I believe in Santa Claus.
5. I want to go to the circus.
6. She sang a melodious song.
7. Rehan bought a new car.
8. The photographer clicked some great pictures of
9. I need money to buy some pencils.
10. The dog jumped to get his treat.
Subject is marked in bold; rest of the sentence is predicate.