Consumer awareness is essential for buyers; here I have summarized few points;
• Consumer awareness will result in development and marketing of superior products.
• Companies will also ensure good services wherever required to the users.
• Government from time to time ensures the product quality marks such as ISI, Hallmark, etc. on the products. These marks are only approved for the products if the products meet the stringent requirement of a particular mark.
• The consumer should also make himself or herself the legal options available to them in case they get poor quality of products or services.
• Consumer Protection ACT of 1986 provides the strength and straight edge to the users.
• Right to Information Act is also one of the latest tools in the hand of the consumer through which he can get information on a number of government functions, orders and other relevant documents.