Mining has many adverse affects in the health of miners, and some of these are provided below.
• The major health problems diagnosed in miners include lung disorders caused by asbestos.
• Partial hearing loss or impairment.
• Physical disorders in miners especially resulted from exposure to excessive welding fumes
• Multiple skin disorders including dermatitis.
The environment is equally damaged by mining, and few impacts are provided below.
• Mining can cause erosion of soil, which can form sinkholes.
• Chemicals or other materials used can cause contamination of soil and water. Groundwater pollution can also affect the health of the neighboring population.
• Mining is also the main reason of biodiversity loss.