According to the Constitution of India The fundamental rights of the citizens are :-
a) Right to Equality b) Right to Freedom c) Right against exploitation d) Right to Freedom of Religion e) Cultural and Educational Rights e) Right to Constitutional Remedy.
The Constitution of India provides alongside the Fundamental Rights certain Fundamental Duties (Responsibilities) to be performed by the Indian citizens. By the 42nd Amendment Act of the Constitution provision to perform 10 Fundamental Duties (Responsibilities) has been incorporated. These are :
1) To abide by the constitution and respect its ideals and institution, the National Flag and the National Anthem.
2) To defend the country and render national service when called upon to do so.
3) To uphold and protect the sovereignty, unity and integrity of India.
4) To cherish and follow the noble ideas that inspired our national freedom struggle.
5) To value and preserve the rich heritage of our composite culture.
6) To promote Harmony and the spirit of common brotherhood among all the people of India, transcending religious, linguistic and regional or sectional diversities; to practice derogatory to the dignity of the woman.
7) To protect and improve the natural environment including forests, lakes, rivers, wildlife and to have compassion for living creatures.
8) To develop the scientific temper, humanism and spirit of inquiry and reform.
9) To safeguard public property and to abjure violence.
10) TO strive towards excellence in all sphere of individual and collective activity so that the nation constantly rises to higher levels of endeavor and achievement.