1 Honesty is the best policy – Being truthful saves you from many problems. It is the best thing to do.
E.g, You may make a quick buck with dishonest means but ultimately you may not get a good night’s sleep. Honesty is the best policy to follow for a happy life.
2. Actions speak louder than words – What people do shows more about them than what they just say.
e.g. Hearing about her friend’s illness, she directly reached the hospital with a cheque of 50,000 Rs/-. Her concern was evident – after all, actions speak louder than words.
3. Appearances are deceptive – Internal truth of a person is usually different from what is visible outside.
You should not believe strangers immediately. Appearances can be deceptive.
4. Never judge by appearances – Don’t use looks as the criteria to assess someone.
I saw the CEO of a big blue chip company hanging out with his friends at a local market in casual attire. Its true that you can’t judge someone by their appearance.
5. An apple a day keeps the doctor away – An apple eaten everyday keeps you in good health.
Eg,My father has always stayed in a good health with his habit of eating an apple everyday. For him, An apple a day keeps the doctor away has worked well.
6. If the blind lead the blind, both shall fall- If a person lacking in some expertise leads others, all of them shall fail.
e.g, They mistook me to be a great singer and sent their children to learn singing. If a blind leads the blind, both shall fail.
7.Blood is thicker than water – Family relationship is stronger than others.
eg, His brother was aware about his life threatening ailment but he did not call up even once to inquire and they say blood is thicker than water.
8.Half a loaf is better than no bread – Be grateful for what you get rather than complaining for what you don’t have.
eg, Judiciously use the money your father sends you rather than complaining for the things he can’t afford. Half a loaf is better than no bread.
9. You can’t make bricks without straws – You can’t accomplish something without the right material.
Of course, you need to study hard to win a gold medal. You can’t make bricks without straws..
10. Absence makes the heart grow fonder – Our love for the loved ones grows more with the distance.
eg.The two brothers deeply wish to meet as they haven’t seen each other since 10 years. After all, absence makes the heart grow fonder.
Mark as best plzz..