There are unlimited ways in which society influences behaviour. This can also differ in different cultures. After all we are social creatures who are very much shaped by external factors.
Some ways society can influence behaviour includes:
- pressures from society may restrict you to doing jobs you may not like, in order to meet societal expectations of success, status, financial stability, gender roles, etc.
- society prevents you from committing morally wrong acts. We are never born perfect and each of us have banes. However, due to fear of ostracism/punishment we refrain from committing crimes deemed as wrong by society.
- it limits our behaviours, as we fear of being judged. For instance, we don't scratch our buttocks in public even if they're itchy.
- it can cause us to lie. In order to meet society's expectations and feel dignified/proud in society, some people lie about their achievements.
- it can cause people to fear exposing their character in public. Some homosexuals are afraid to come out for fear of condemnation, etc.