Go, all of you, wherever there is an outbreak of plague or famine, or
wherever the people are in distress, and mitigate their sufferings…Preach
this ideal from door to door, and you will yourselves be benefited by it at
the same time that you are doing good to your country. On you lie the
future hopes of our country.
• Freedom can never be reached by the weak. Throw away all weakness. Tell
your body that it is strong, tell your mind that it is strong, and have
unbounded faith and hope in yourself.
• “My hope of the future lies in the youths of character, intelligent,
renouncing all for the service of others, and obedient – good to themselves
and the country at large”
• “Act on the educated young men, bring them together, and organise them.
Great things can be done by great sacrifices only. No selfishness, no name,
no fame, yours or mine, nor my Master's even! Work, work the idea, the
plan, my boys, my brave, noble, good souls - to the wheel, to the wheel put
• “Please everybody without becoming a hypocrite and without being a
coward. Hold on to your own ideas with strength and purity, and whatever
obstructions may now be in your way, the world is bound to listen to you in
the long run. . . .”
• "Talk to yourself once in a day…Otherwise you may miss meeting an
EXCELLENT person in this World"
• “It is very easy to point out the defects of institutions, all being more or less
imperfect, but he is the real benefactor of humanity who helps the
individual to overcome his imperfections under whatever institutions he
• Onward! Upon ages of struggle a character is built. Be not discouraged. One
word of truth can never be lost; for ages it may be hidden under rubbish,
but it will show itself sooner or later. Truth is indestructible, virtue is
indestructible, purity is indestructible.