Tree Plantation means planting tree in large number. Trees are very important to us in many ways. We cannot think of our existence without trees. Trees cover a great deal of our food deficiency by providing fruits and vitamins. They supply timber for various uses. Trees prevent soil erosion. Many kinds of medicines are prepared form leaves, roots and barks of trees. Above all, they help us to keep ecological balance supplying oxygen. Generally trees are planted in July and August. They can be planted in rood sides and in all educational institution . But our trees and forests are not sufficient in proportion to our total land area. To preserve our environment we should plant more and more trees. Government should encourage the people for plantation by various media.
Advantages of planting trees-
1. An average size tree creates sufficient oxygen in one year to provide oxygen for a family of four.
2. Planting trees in the right place around buildings and homes can cut air-conditioning costs up to 50 percent.
3. Planting trees for the environment is good as they are renewable, biodegradable and recyclable. 4. If we plant 20 million trees, the earth will get with 260 million more tons of oxygen.
5. Once acre of trees can remove up to 2.6 tons of Carbon Dioxide each year.
6. During photosynthesis, trees and other plants absorb carbon dioxide and give off oxygen.
7. Trees keep in cheek the air and water pollution.
8. Planting trees is important is evident as they are the natural habitat of the animals and birds, as well as many endangered species.
9. Planting trees means more wood and paper products which can be easily recycled.
10. A newly planted whole forest, can change tones of atmospheric carbon into wood and other fibrous tissue, thus reducing global warming.