I think your friend should go to a councillor. Because apart from her/his interest that person also needs to think about their future as well. And I thnk if a person has a good English he shud opt commerce as a subject and go for CA or CLAT. Guys I can surely understand ur situation. People have made a stupid mindset that science is the best stream and you have scope there only.