Napoleon, after coming to power, introduced the following reforms that were considered efficient and rational.
1. The Civil code of 1804, also known as the Napoleonic code, established all privileges based on birth, created equality before law and also secured the right to property. This code spread to all countries including Switzerland, Italy and Germany
2. Napoleon simplified administrative divisions and abolished feudal system.
3. He freed the peasants from serfdom and manorial dues.
4. Guild restrictions were removed from the towns.
5. Transport and communication networks improved. Peasants, artisans, workers and businessmen enjoyed the freedom that were gained due to the Napoleon Uniform laws; standardised measures and weights; common national currency system that facilitated the movement and exchange of goods from one region to another.