1. How many daughters did the royal couple have?
2. Why were they named after the months of the year?
3. The King had a peculiar habit. What was it? Why is it called peculiar?
4. (i) What was Princess September’s reaction to the loss of her parrot?
(ii) What was her mother’s reaction to it?
(iii) What do the reactions indicate about the nature and temperament of each?
5. What pulled the Princess out of her gloom?
6. How did the Maids of Honour come to know that the Princess and the bird had become intimate friends?
7. The new bird was full of new songs but the old parrots always repeated themselves. What did they say?
8. What is the King’s opinion about his Councillors? Why did he form that opinion?
9. (i) The eight Princesses made an offer to Princess September. What was it?
(ii) Why, in your view, did they do it?
10. What did the sisters advice the Princess to do about her bird?
11. In the following sentence elaborate the parts given in bold. Under the circumstances it was a very unfortunate remark for the bird to make.
11. In the following sentence elaborate the parts given in italics. Under the circumstances it was a very unfortunate remark for the bird to make.
14. (i) What persuaded Princess September to give the bird his freedom again?(ii) How did the bird react to it?
15. Princess September kept her window open day and night.
(i) How did it help the bird?(ii) How did it help the Princess herself?
16. The eight sisters kept their windows shut. How did it affect them?