1. High mountain ranges and peaks act a barrier for enemies and so play a grate role in the Defence of India.
2. The Himalayas protect the country against the cold winds blowing from Siberia through central Asia.
3. The Himalayas check rain bearing wind and cause heavy rainfall. The eastern part of the mountain prevent the monsoon.
4. Clouds from escaping northwards out of India. This causes rain in the whole of northern India.
5. There are dense forests up to altitude of 1500 meters. Different types of trees, bushes and wild animals are found in these forests.