Sexually transmitted diseases by virus- Genital Herpes by herpes simplex virus and AIDS by HIV.Sexually transmitted diseases by bacteria- Gonorrhoea by Nisseria gonorrhoeae and Syphilis by Trepanoma pallidum
Prevention of transmission of STD’s
• Having sex with infected or any unknown person should be avoided.
• Sharing of needles, syringes etc. must be prohibited.
• The surgical and dental instruments should be sterilized properly before use.
• Avoid blood transfusion from infected person. Blood should be tested before transfusion.
• Adequate medical treatment should be provided to the pregnant woman to protect the child from getting infected.