Wild Life and Forest Conservation
Wild life refers to all living organisms in their natural habitat other than cultivated plants and domesticated animals.
Importance Of Wild Life
1. To maintain ecological 'balance of nature' and maintain food chain and nature cycles.
2. It has economic value. Many wild plants provide useful substances like timber, paper, gums etc. And they also have wide applications in Ayurveda and other branches of medicine. Wild animals products are tusk, ivory, leather, honey etc.
3. Most important contribution of wild life for human progress is availability of large genepool for the scientists to carry breeding programmes in agriculture, animal husbandry and fishery.
4. Wild life provides aesthetic value to man.
5. Wild life of a country is its cultural asset.