The Himalayas protect the subcontinent from extremely cold winds from central Asia ....
1. The peninsular plateau under the influence of sea from three side has moderate temperatures .
2. The uncertainties of rain and uneven distribution are very much typical of the monsoons .
3. The Indian Landscape , it's animal and plant life , it's entire agricultural calender and the life of people including their festivals revolves around this phenomena .
4. Year after year , people of India from North to South and from East to West eagerly awaits the arrival of monsoons .
5. The river valleys which carry this water also unite as a single river valley unit .