1. When casualties in the war increased after 1960, women in large numbers joined the war and fought selflessly and continued and resistance movement.
2. They helped in nursing the wounded, constructing underground rooms and tunnels for hiding. Along the Ho Chi Minh Trail young volunteers kept open 2195 km of strategic roads and guarded at key points.
3. They built six airstrips, neutralized tens of thousands of bombs, transported cargo, weapons and food.
4. Women militia shot down planes. For instance Nguyen Thi Xuan was reported to have shot down a jet with just twenty bullets.
5. They were young, brave and dedicated. They were not only warriors but worked with dedication in other fields also. They carried rifle in one hand and hammer in the other.