1. Onomatopoeia: Sounds that we hear. (Can be animal sound or even materialistic sound.) Ex. Buzz, Ruff-Ruff
2. Metaphor: When a comparison takes place directly.(Without the use of 'like' or 'as') Ex. He was a lion in the fight.
3. Synecdoche: A figure of speech when a term denoting one thing is used to denote something similiar. Ex. Head count, counting noses
4. Metonymy: When a word or phrase is used to replace another word or phrase. Ex. Let me give you a hand. (Here hand refers to help.)
5. Personification: When the qualities of a living thing are referred to a non living thing. Ex. The wind howled in the night.
Hope this helped. :)