* a practical young man, who could not appreciate romanticism in the world around him.
* fond of drinking and eating; not too fond of working hard.
* not much imagination and was more aggressive than the other two.
* had a strange fascination for cemeteries and tombs
* not much aesthetic sense and dressed in loud colors like orange and yellow, which did not suit him.
*a terrible singer and could never remember the words to a song.
*thought he could cook well, but as the incident with the eggs showed, he was not a good cook either.
* frank and outspoken young man, which was evident when he ensured that George did not play his Banjo within his hearing.