This system has got a very important role to play in the social, economic and cultural life of the village community of India.
The Panchayati Raj system has many benefits. These can be summarized as under:
1. Panchayats can best carry out the uplift programmes, such as mending roads, terrace, and embanking the fields, building bunds, digging drains, provide fresh drinking water, etc.
2. They are best constituted to organize voluntary labour for social uplift and economic amelioration.
3. Panchayats are the best agencies which can supply the political talent. They are the potential schools of political training for the rural masses.
4. They can also serve as the schools of social service, health care, popular education and social progress.
5. Panchayats can impart cheap litigation, speedy and substantial justice to the villagers.
6. Panchayats are best fitted to be representative and spokesperson of the villagers.
#hope you like the answer. Please rate my answer :)