Look at the following sentences and observe the underlined part in each sentence.
1. Kamala, her eldest daughter, a widow, got up reluctantly.
2. Don’t you remember Vimala, District Collector Nambiar’s eldest daughter?
The underlined part in the above sentences refers to the noun that occurs before it, the underlined parts are called Noun phrase in Apposition.
Rewrite the following sentences using Noun Phrase in Apposition.
1. Mahesh is my elder brother. He lives in Delhi.
Mahesh, __________________________________________, lives in Delhi.
2. Sarojini Naidu is popularly known as the Nightingale of India. She wrote many poems in English.
Sarojini Naidu, ________________________________________, wrote many poems in English.
3. Rabindranath Tagore is called Gurudev. He was awarded the Nobel Prize for literature in 1913.
Rabindranath Tagore, ________________, was awarded the Nobel Prize for literature in 1913.
4. Mount Everest is the highest peak in the world. It is located in Nepal
Mount Everest, _______________________________________, is located in Nepal.