Object Oriented Programming ( OOP )is a programming approach which uses objects. An object is a software component which has properties and behaviour.
When a program runs objects are created and work together to perform the program's tasks. Most modern programming languages support object orientation (C#, Java, C++,
VB. NET, PHP, etc.).
Features of OOP :
1. Improvement of over the structured programming languages.
2. Emphasis on data rather than algorithm.
3. Data is hidden and cannot be accessed by external functions.
4. Objects may communicate with each other through functions.
5. New data and function can be easily added whenever necessary.
6. Follows bottom - up approach in program design.