• Take three 100 mL syringes and close their nozzles by rubber corks.
• Remove the pistons from all the syringes.
• Leaving one syringe untouched, fill water in the second and pieces of chalk in the third.
• Insert the pistons back into the syringes. You may apply some vaseline on the pistons before inserting them into the syringes for their smooth movement.
• Now, try to compress the content by pushing the piston in each syringe.
• What do you observe? In which case was the piston easily pushed in?
• What do you infer from your observations?
NCERT Class 9th Science Ch 1 Matter in Our Surroundings