• Take two glasses/beakers filled with water.
• Put a drop of blue or red ink slowly and carefully along the sides of the first beaker and honey in the same way in the second beaker.
• Leave them undisturbed in your house or in a corner of the class.
• Record your observations.
• What do you observe immediately after adding the ink drop?
• What do you observe immediately after adding a drop of honey?
• How many hours or days does it take for the colour of ink to spread evenly throughout the water?
NCERT Class 9th Science Ch 1 Matter in Our Surroundings