1) One of the first factories was set up
in England in 1730s.
2) Initially the factories in the country
side, concentrated on cotton
production which was at its peak in
3) This was due to upgrade in the
process of production like twisting,
spinning, rolling, etc.
4) It was after the launch of Richard
Arkwright’s cotton mill in town, all the
production processes were managed
under one roof.
5) This enabled high quality output,
control of labour, etc.
6) Later the factory numbers increased
only in the late 19 th century.