1. We know that till the mid 19th century in Britain the industrialization process increased a lot and even it was increasing.
2. By this we can say that there were many people who became unemployment and even there were crisis of food because of the drought situation at that time. This drought was because of the more and more usage of the water and pollution of the water and air.
3. This above sentence can only say that the people that were working had a miserable life because of the industrialization.
4. Because of the industrialization and even the drought situation people faced a problem for food and all things.
5. Therefore I conclude that during the mid 19th century in Britain the workers faced a miserable life.