1. This disease is caused by the deficiency of protein in the diet of child.
2. Kwashiorkor occurs in children in the age group 1-5 years.
3. The disease is more common in villages where there is small gap period between successive pregnancies.
4. In this disease, swelling of body is observed due to retention of fluids.
5. Skin changes color and become broken and scaly.
1. This disease is caused by deficiency of protein as well as energy nutrients (that is carbohydrates and fats) in the diet.
2. Marasmus occurs in children below the age of 1 year.
3. This disease is more common in towns and cities where breast-feeding in discontinued quite early.
4. No swelling of body takes place in Marasmus.
5. Skin does not change color and does not break.